Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vantange Point




I watched a movie recently – Vantage Point. The movie starring Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver and William Hurt.


For me, the movie was great! The story line and the way they presented the movie captured my interest because it was different. It captures one event from eight different perspectives. So each time the story rewinds, I get a few more pieces of the puzzle. Watching a story unfold in a series of surprises and have twists in it is a lot of fun! But I just don’t like the ending!! It’s a typical Hollywood movie where the hero is a one man hero! Plus, the American always wins! *rolling eyes* How could a man left without any serious injuries after going through bombing, series of chasing scenes and involved in car accidents. The ending for me was quite disappointing. So, I’m going to apply re-writing the ending as I’ve learned in critical thinking class. I will give “Vantage-Point” a sadder ending ;)


When the terrorists kidnapped the President of the United States, the president died in the accident and Dennis Quaid (who plays as a secret service responsible for the President’s safety) cannot forgive himself for not protecting the President. So, he exiles himself into asylum in a rural area and become a carpenter.

No comments: