Thursday, September 4, 2008

Apologize Lyrics

I love to hear a song “Apologize” from One Republic feat Timbaland. It is a nice song from the lyric itself and also the melody of the song.


There are parts of the lyric that I think related to critical thinking (again..hehehe) Here they are:



I'd take another chane, take the fall,
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothing new
I loved you with a fire red-Now it's turning blue,
And you say..."Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
but I'm afraid...
It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late”



ANALYZE:

“I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
My assumption for this lyric is he would do everything for the girl whom he loves and he wants the girl be his girlfriend, his love.
He would make any sacrifice to get her love.

And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothing new
This is a Simile. There’s a comparative qualifier “like”.He really needs the girl for his life. It sounds he can not live without her. (Assumption)

I loved you with a fire red-Now it's turning blue
It is a metaphor. He loves her very much (fire red), really lover her.But then, he doesn’t love her anymore (turning blue), I’m sure there are reasons why he doesn’t love her anymore.

And you say..."Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
It is a Simile. He describes the girl says Sorry like angel.I think the girl tries to say Sorry from the bottom of her heart. She knows that she’s wrong. That is my assumption.

but I'm afraid...
It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late..
Assumption : He wants to tell the girl if he’s really sick because of what she has done to him. He doesn’t want her come into his heart or life again even she tries to say sorry. It is too late for her to fix all the bad things that have happened to both of them which make their relationship broke up.

No comments: